Why ‘Time-Restricted Eating’ should be part of your good-health game plan

Time-Restricted Eating“The less you eat, the longer you’re gonna live”.

This is a philosophy that Don has taught for decades which was embraced by long-lived cultures for thousands of years.

And today it’s finally catching on – with many recent studies now confirming this “truth”.

In holistic health circles, it’s becoming widely known that periodic fasting for multiple days at a time, is one of most powerful things you can do for your health, longevity and to heal almost anything!

But what I want to share with you today is something you can do, that’s more of a lifestyle that you practice daily, rather than a periodic healing protocol.

It can help you:

• Put the breaks on ageing
  • Find your ideal body weight
  • Dramatically increase your energy
  • Reduce inflammation in your body
  • Heal niggling ailments
  • Knock out digestive issues
  • Sharpen your mental focus

It’s to do with how you approach your eating within each 24 hour period.

Intermittent Fasting or Time-restricted eating.

Not strictly the same, so for today we’ll concentrate on why you should consider embracing the principle of time-restricted eating.

The premise is pretty simple.

It’s not so much about WHAT you eat, but more so WHEN you eat.

And the shorter you can compress your ‘daily feeding window’, the more time your body has to do it’s cleansing, living temple work.

Now that doesn’t mean you can spend 4 hours a day eating Maccas, not eat for the rest of the day and you’ll be healthy. But it doesn’t mean you need to starve yourself or switch to a staple diet of leafy greens and bird food either.

It just means the focus is more on the WHEN rather than the WHAT.

Here’s how it works…

Objections: Metabolism, go hungry, become deficient, muscle will breakdown. These are all myths…and the benefits far outweigh any downside.

What I’m about to share with you is one of the best-kept secrets for vibrant health that’s really more of a lifestyle than a protocol.

And anyone can do it.

The Journal of Nutritional Science in the US recently published an interesting study involving two groups of people over a 10-week trial, which went like this:

With NO changes to the diet in terms of WHAT was eaten…

Group 1 – Restricted their daily eating window by delaying breakfast by 90 minutes and bringing forward dinner by 90 minutes;

Group 2 – Had an unrestricted eating window – in other words, they practised their normal daily eating habits.

The result?

Group 1 lost TWICE as much body fat.

In other words, without making any changes to your diet and by doing nothing more than reducing your daily eating window by 3 hours, you dramatically increase your body’s ability to burn fat!

That’s a pretty remarkable stat. And the beautiful thing is, without much practice at all it’s very simple to do.

Oh, and the benefits go way beyond fat-loss. They include:

• Increased mental clarity
  • Increased cellular regeneration (youthfulness)
  • Reduced Inflammation
  • Gut and Digestive Health
  • Elevation of HGH (Human Growth Hormone)

This is a principle that my wife, Inga, and I use every single day…

We never go hungry, we never get sick, and we have truckloads of energy to do what it takes to run two successful businesses, get plenty of exercise and be parents to our three amazing (already adult) daughters!

Seriously, if you’re one of those people who struggles to lose weight and feel like you’ve tried EVERYTHING, try this and let me know how you go.

*Zane Truscott is the Founder & CEO of Fortune Events – official promoter and events facilitator for Don Tolman (a.k.a. “The wholefood medicine man”), since 2006 in Australia and New Zealand. He’s a wellness facilitator, personal growth strategist, fitness enthusiast, advanced yogi, mountain biker, martial arts black belt, husband to Inga of 20 years and proud Dad to their three daughters, Arki, Milla and Georgie.*

@zanetruscott

15 Comments

• Zehvit

October 19, 2018 at 8:16 pm

Just to say a big thank you you inspired me , loved the article.. and I’m going to give it a go🙏🏼So please wish me luck😃

• ztruscott

October 25, 2018 at 8:17 am

You’re welcome, Zehvit. Good luck with it!

• Zehvit

October 20, 2018 at 4:25 am

• BarBaRa Brickland

October 20, 2018 at 6:10 am

Thanks Zane. that is good to hear. I’ve been doing thst naturally/instinctively for a couple of years now and wondered if I should look at that and try to correct it, but I also believed that if I’m not hungry then I shouldn’t eat. good news hearing that it’s a good thing I’m doing. yay. sometimes I don’t eat until middayish and have only 1 meal and perhaps a light snack around 5pm.

• ztruscott

October 25, 2018 at 8:17 am

Hi Barbara, Thanks for your note and so glad to hear you’re on the right track. Keep going strong!

• Dracy

October 20, 2018 at 7:44 am

I really appreciate this article and will be putting it into practice. Thanks for all your wisdom, knowledge and support of Dons philosophies.

• ztruscott

October 25, 2018 at 8:16 am

You’re most welcome, Dracy. Glad you’re benefiting from the info!

• John Drinkwater

October 20, 2018 at 8:58 am

Just read your article on intermittent fasting.I have been doing this every day for over a year now.My
    first meal of the day starts between 12 noon to 12.30 after drinking a litre of filtered water on rising. Starting with fresh fruit around 4 to 5 lots.Then a smoothie of veg, fruit,nuts seeds and dried fruits.Using either goat milk or almond milk.2 litres at least filtered water through the day.Then raw and steamed veg at night along with lentils or fish( not often) tempeh etc.The meal never goes beyond 8pm. My partner and I work on this amazing culture of eating and feel 25 years younger with massive energy.We have attended many of yours and Tylers seminars over the last 3 years and learned a huge amount that we have put into practice.We thank you both for the truth about health and your knowledge that has helped so many people over the years including ourselves.
    With Regards
    John Drinkwater

• ztruscott

October 25, 2018 at 8:15 am

Thanks for your message, John. Keep up the great work!

• Shamana

October 20, 2018 at 11:54 pm

I agree. In 1984 I met the Closey River health retreat or whatever it was called and dying cancer patients went there. They had a policy of not eating till after a few hours activity in the morning for the well pple. Cos the body is still detoxing. I always tell pple to take their health supplement pills with the midday meal as during the mng the benefits may be lost cos the body is flushing out still. And as supplements often give energy its best not to take them at evening time either. So the 3 times a day thing I don’t adhere to. It has always been an issue for me that little children up to teens then enter the work world they are confronted in the morning with the morning rush of food–b fast, and off to school. The ideal is to play with the first energy of the day and go outside and be in the morning sun for awhile which activates the circadian rythmn which programmes in good sleep that night. Sunrise-first rays– shining on the face is the ideal.
    There’s another school of thought that is strong on quick starting the metabolism first thing on awaking to the point they recommend having a bit of dry toast to crunch beside the bed before you even get out, and the reason the scrap has to be crunchy is to cause the TMJ –your jaw joint to crunch down is to activate kidneys and metabolism. It doesn’t mean you eat a meal. Just crunch. I wonder if you have heard this one? I know when Im eating soft food like smoothies, pancakes with fruit, for b fast Im aware of the lack of crunch and tend to chatter my teeth together to activate the process. I know the whole don’t have fluids after about 6pm 7pm is to rest your kidneys. And we shouldn’t go to bed until the last meal is digested however I eat at 5pm so by the time I go to bed at midnight I know I will sleep thru if I have a supper as my parents, light frugal eaters and long livers, always did. If I go to bed hungry as the fad was 20 years back, I wake up in the night and have to get up and have a snack just to be able to get back to sleep. And I don’t wake up tired as pple tend to when they go down with a full stomach. It was only a snack at supper.

• ztruscott

October 25, 2018 at 8:15 am

Very well said, Shamana. I’m personally not a big believer in the ‘metabolism’ activating idea. It will take a lot more than not eating for 16 hours in a 24 block for the body’s metabolism to be effected. The cellular renewal and health effects will certainly outweigh any concerns you may have about metabolism 🙂

• Louise Pilkington

October 21, 2018 at 5:58 am

Hi Zane, i just read your email & the funny thing is for the first time ever i tried this last week as i had a chest infection & i didn’t want to take antibiotics, so i thought id starve the infection OMG its gone & i have SO much energy , i feel the best i have in years ! i will be continuing this for the rest of my life, it really works & its really easy 😉 one question can you have black tea or coffee in that morning time before you eat ?

• ztruscott

October 25, 2018 at 8:09 am

Hi Louise, Thanks for your message. Tea or Coffee does generate a metabolic response in the body so it will impact the ‘fasting’ window. Best to have it after your first meal if you can 🙂

• Christine

October 21, 2018 at 5:48 pm

Thanks for the simple & free advice!
    You guys are very generous with your knowledge!
    We appreciate it so much. X

• ztruscott

October 25, 2018 at 8:07 am

You’re so welcome, Christine…glad you’re getting value from it!